CStr( expression) expression
Data Type: Any
Any expression that evaluates to a string. Return Value expression converted to a string. Description
Returns a string representation of expression. Rules at a Glance
• Almost any data can be passed to CStr to be converted to a string.
• CStr is equivalent to the older Str function. Example
Dim sMyString as String SMyString = CStr(100)
Programming Tips & Gotchas
• The string representation of Boolean values is either True or False, as opposed to their underlying values of 0 and -1.
• Uninitialized numeric data types passed to CStr return "0".
• An uninitialized date variable passed to CStr returns "12:00:00AM."
CStr Function 181
Format Function, Str Function, Chapter 3
Was this article helpful?