The Advanced Properties window provides even more ways to customize a control. For example, with the Advanced Properties window, you can
• Define a transparent background for a control.
• Specify the ControlTipText property—the text that appears when the user moves the pointer over the control.
• Specify whether the control has the WordWrap property turned on.
• Specify the BorderStyle property for the control. To open the Advanced Properties window
• Right-click the control, and then click Advanced Properties on the shortcut menu.
In the example shown in Figure 6-3, the Label2 control sits on top of the textured Imagel control. However, the text appears to be part of the image because the Label2 BackStyle property is set to Transparent. The BackStyle property for a control can be set only in the Advanced Properties dialog box.
Was this article helpful?