Course Offering form The Course Offering form allows an administrator to post a Course Offering item in the Training Management folder. The Course Offering item, which contains specifics about the course such as class time and instructor, is posted as a response to the Course Catalog Entry item. The Read page of the Course Offering form shows two custom buttons: a Signup button that lets students register for a class and a Course Evaluation button that lets students post a course evaluation in the Training Management folder. The Compose page, shown in Figure 7-15, shows a Post button that sends the form to the specified folder for public viewing.
Figure 7.15 - The Compose page of the Course Offering form.
• Signup form This form enables a student to send a Signup item to the Course Registration folder. This part of the application is not covered in this section.
• Evaluation form This form allows students to post an Evaluation item as a response to a Course Offering item. This part of the application is not covered in this section.
in the rest of this section, we'll look at the custom actions of the Course Catalog Entry form. First we examine how the actions work in the folder. Then we look at how the fields are copied from the Course Catalog Entry form to the Course Offering form. Finally we look at how response items are organized in a custom view in the Training Management folder.
Now let's take a look at the Actions page for the Course Catalog Entry form, as shown in Figure 7-16. To view the Actions page of the Course Catalog Entry form
1. On the Actions menu of the Training Management folder, click New Course Catalog Entry.
2. On the form's Tools menu, select Forms and then click Design This Form.
3. Click the Actions tab, as shown in Figure 7-16.
Was this article helpful?