Unfortunately, CDO is not installed by default with Outlook 2002. This practice reverses Microsoft's default CDO installation for Outlook 98. CDO provides functionality for many of the examples in this book and must be installed for the examples to operate correctly. The setup program for the companion CD automatically installs CDO, or CDO can be installed manually.
To install Collaboration Data Objects
1. Insert the Office XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.
2. Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
3. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
4. On the Install/Uninstall page, click Microsoft Office XP and then click Add/Remove.
5. In the Microsoft Office XP Maintenance Mode dialog box, click Add Or Remove Features.
6. Double-click the Microsoft Outlook For Windows item to expand the item in the Microsoft Office XP: Update Features dialog box.
7. Click the Collaboration Data Objects item under Microsoft Outlook For Windows to expand the item.
8. Select Run From My Computer.
9. Click Update Now to complete the installation of Collaboration Data Objects.
Was this article helpful?