Use Form Only For Responses
Make a Backup Copy of the Product Idea Response Form
Now save the Product Idea Response form in the folder where you saved the Product Idea form. To make a backup copy of the Product Idea Response form
1. With the form open, click Save As on the File menu.
2. In the Save In drop-down list box, select the default Outlook template folder.
3. In the File Name text box, type Product Idea Response as the name for the form.
4. In the Save As Type drop-down list box, select Outlook Template.
5. Click Save.
To open your backup copy of a form
1. Select New on the File menu, and then click Choose Form.
2. Click User Templates In File System in the Look In drop-down list box, and then click on the form you'd like to open.
Before you publish the Product Idea Response form, change the Form Nameoption in the Publish Form As dialog box to Product Idea Response. Then publish the Product Idea Response form to the Product Ideas Form Library.
To publish the Product Idea Response form
1. On the Tools menu, select Forms and then click Publish Forms As.
2. In the Display Name text box and Form Name text box, change the name to Product Idea Response. The Message Classproperty automatically updates when you change the Form name. The Display Name field reflects both theform name on the Actions menu of the folder and the caption on the title bar of the published form.
4. Close the Product Idea Response form. In the Save Changes? message box, select No in most cases. Select Yes if you want a backup item in the current folder.
Actions determine how a form handles responses. For example, the action you create for the Product Idea form will allow users to respond to a Product Idea item with the Product Idea Response form. In addition, the action you create for the Product Idea Response form will enable users to respond to a Product Idea Response item with the Product Idea Response form. In essence, the form will call itself for a response.
First open the Product Idea form in the Product Ideas folder. Then switch to Design mode for the form and set its actions. To open the Product Idea form in Design mode
1. Locate the Product Ideas folder in the Folder List, and click once to open it.
2. On the Outlook Actions menu, hold down the Shift key and click New Product Idea.
3. On the Tools menu of the Product Idea form, select Forms and then click Design This Form.
Holding down the Shift key when you open a form for design purposes is a good practice because it prevents any code in the form from executing when the form is opened. Note that the Product Ideas folder must be open for the New Product Idea command to appear on the Actions menu.
When you create a new action for a Post form, you usually make the standard Post To Folder action unavailable. You do this for two reasons. First, you don't want standard Post items in the Product Ideas folder because they won't group correctly in custom views. Second, you want to avoid the confusion of presenting the user with two commands—New Post In This Folder and New Product Idea—that allows them to post an item in the folder.
To make the Reply To Folder action unavailable
1. On the Product Idea form, click the Actions tab.
2. Double-click the Reply To Folder action.
3. Clear the Enabled check box, and then click OK.
The Actions page should now look like the Actions page shown in Figure 4-16.
'J Untitled - Prudutt Idea Response (Design)
File Edit View Insert Format Tools Actions Form Layout Help
Was this article helpful?