In addition to exporting information from Access 2003 to a SharePoint server, you can also link to a SharePoint server or import information. To link an Access table to a SharePoint list use the following steps:
1. Select Get External Data from the File menu and choose Link Tables.
2. Choose Windows SharePoint Services (see Figure 3-21).
3. Choose your SharePoint server from the list or enter one not listed.
5. Choose the appropriate list and click Next.
6. Select the view of the list you need and click Next.
7. Click Finish on the confirmation screen to perform the import.
In addition to linking an Access table to a SharePoint list, you can use similar steps to import a list from a SharePoint Server. SharePoint Services and Office 2003 provide a number of sharing opportunities to help you collaborate with your team and to share data with any number of entities. But not everyone will have a need for SharePoint. So let's move on to one of the most awesome packages that Microsoft has offered to Access Developers, the Access Developer Extensions.
Was this article helpful?